[Lazarus] SVN update conflicts

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Mar 22 14:47:38 CET 2012

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:

> As you know, the Makefile/Makefile.fpc/Makefile.compiled must be updated
> in sync and that it requires the newest fpc to update, because only that
> knows all targets. And that's why the auto update is disabled in all lpk
> of the Lazarus sources. The Makefiles are manually updated by the
> Lazarus developers - of course via the IDE/lazbuild.

Sorry, I don't know nor understand what you try to say :-(

The name "Makefile.compiled" suggests to me that it tracks the compiler
options, used in the last compile. That compile takes place at the user
machine.

> Maybe some lpk files have a bug and the auto update is enabled.
>
> Or maybe you updated them by accident.
>
> The Makefiles are updated very seldom, so your update may be a year old.
>
> Which lpk was wrong?

I don't know, I reported the conflicted files initially.

In components\projecttemplates\Makefile I found:

# Don't edit, this file is generated by FPCMake Version 2.0.0 [2012/03/07]
in the working base, while the working copy contains [2012/01/25] instead.

The other directory, marked as modified, is components\fpcunit. No other
directories flagged by TortoiseSVN, so far. I've reverted the entire
components\ directory now, so that I can find out when the next
modifications occur.

DoDi