[Lazarus] Size of binaries etc.

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 19:31:06 CET 2012

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> I did some tests here and I guess this is simply the normal size of an
> app if you use ComCtrls. 1,5MB was for a minimal app with a form and
> some buttons. ComCtrls alone adds 1MB You can check this in the menu
> Project->Show used ppu files (might be 0.9.31+ only).

You've hit it on the head. Cody shows that ComCtrls is being pulled in
as part of LCLBase, even if none of its controls are being used (in the
current case, the test form and associated unit are entirely empty).

Shouldn't at least some of this be excluded by smartlinking?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk