[Lazarus] Size of binaries etc.

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Mar 24 11:41:01 CET 2012

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 10:03:11 +0000
> Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> I add -CX to the build options inside the IDE, set up a virgin project
>> and build it. Binary size is 2,161,352 bytes.
>>
>> So what appears to be happening is that on Linux (and possibly other
>> unix) a  make bigide  results in an LCL etc. that isn't smartlinkable,
>> and the only way to get it is to insert -CX in the IDE's Tools ->
>> Configure "Build Lazarus" setup, despite the fact that the user isn't
>> intentionally rebuilding.
>>
>> I wonder where that leaves somebody who is trying to build a project
>> with lazbuild, i.e. never using the IDE?
>
> You can add it to fpc.cfg or to ~/.lazarus/miscellaneousoptions.xml

I think that I'll at least modify the scripts I use to download/build
Lazarus to warn if -CX isn't in fpc.cfg.

Are there any disadvantages to adding -CX to fpc.cfg? If it's in there
as the default is there a way of disabling that on the command line?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk