[Lazarus] TCanvas.TextRect, subpixel antialiasing with Qt4

Bernd prof7bit at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 25 18:21:56 CEST 2012

I made some more experiments with this. This screenshot shows
TextOut() on the canvas of the Form and on the canvas of a
TImage.Picture.Bitmap.

The canvas of the form seems to have subpixel aliasing (cleartype)
always activated by default, the canvas of the bitmap has it
deactivated. The settings of the font are ignored. How can I make the
font rendering in the TImage look exactly the same as the fonts on the
TForm? What is does the TForm.Canvas have that the TBitmap.Canvas is
missing?

Bernd