[Lazarus] Stop making false claims and statements on the wiki!

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 18:24:45 CEST 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
>> - False advertising with the faked image - bloating the non-existent
>> features.
>
> Please can we leave that one out? I find that really "childish". So it can
> display a bmp or png? its a feature too.
> - Valid for a showcase
> - For comparison, maybe better a form, with label, button, checkbox....

LazClock has buttons and labels. LazClock is not *fake* at all, and it
is not just a form with 1 image. It is a real clock which runs via
TTimer, the pointers are drawn using TCanvas, the buttons are real,
the clock is a TCustomControl which paints itself inside a TNotebook,
and the second page of the notebook has a timer. It is pretty complex
and shows that a lot of different things are working.

Please check for yourself in lazarus-ccr/applications/lazclock

Note that LCL-Cocoa can't yet run this application but LCL-CustomDrawn
can in all of its backends (TTimer is backend dependent and
implemented by all backends). This tells a lot of how much this
widgetset advanced and it is a very good demo. And it wasn't even
created as a LCL-CustomDrawn demo, I created it for the FP Application
Suite like lazeyes and other apps.

> For the rest. lets try to see the best in each other and come up, with a
> neutral text.

Rethinking now I think that we should just kill the comparison
completely. This entire discussion is a huge waste of time.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho