[Lazarus] FPC & Lazarus installation including cross compiling from source

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 09:40:06 CEST 2012

On 27-3-2012 19:26, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> I would strongly recommend using VMs as well so that the level of
>> complexity/maintenance decreases.
>> Linux to Windows can be done, but the other way round is difficult.
>
> I'd introduce some words of caution here, for a number of reasons.
<time for a blatant plug then>
For anybody who wants to jump in: help with the fpcup project is much
appreciated.
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero/fpcup/

It allows you to build a complete up to date FPC/Lazarus environment
from scratch.
Currently it only features a win32=>win64 cross compiler, but it has a
modular architecture that allows you to write a cross compilation plug in.
IIRC, this unit should basically:
- make sure your target binutils are there (either check them or
download them; HTTP, FTP and svn downloads already supported)
- make sure your target libraries are there (same thing here)

Then some instructions in the included state machine need to be added so
fpcup knows the cross compiler is available.

Currently, fpcup has been compiled on win32, win64, linux32, linux64,
OSX Intel.

Any units welcome!

Regards,
Reinier