[Lazarus] FPC & Lazarus installation including cross compiling from source

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Mar 29 10:13:53 CEST 2012

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
> 2012/3/28 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at ...:
>>
>> Here it takes only a few minutes.
>
> +1
>
> I see no visible difference in speed between my native host system,
> and the VM sessions I run. I have a lot of VM sessions for our product
> testing and building, and yes, I do FPC building on them too.

IMO the most critical point is the memory configuration. VMs tend to use
fixed memory, i.e. the virtual RAM is mapped to persistent physical RAM,
reducing the available RAM on the host machine. One can play around with
different amounts of virtual memory, starting with 512MB, to find out
the best configuration for the host machine.

DoDi