[Lazarus] Is there a function that returns UTC time in FPC or Lazarus?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 21:31:12 CEST 2012

On 30-3-2012 16:05, Frank Church wrote:
> When I get the time via the DateTime function result is adapted for
> the timezone, making it an hour ahead now?
>
> Is there a function that returns the UTC time, either as a UnixTime or
> TDateTime irregardless of timezone?

Frank,

You could search the fpc and lazarus mailing list; I know there've been
posts regarding this.
IIRC, the conclusion was that doing this is potentially very difficult
to do cross platform, keeping daylight saving changes etc in mind.

There is a separate unit that deals with this, IIRC, the wiki mentions
it somewhere..

Regards,
Reinier