[Lazarus] Strange dependency of units

J├╝rgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sat Mar 31 19:41:02 CEST 2012

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
 > The hint was about a tool that reduces the burden of knowing to
 > which package a unit belongs, search paths and dependencies.

Why is this at all necessary? I don't get it of what use such a
complicated and error prone construct like packages should serve for if
it is not rock solid. Is this an improvement over simple to use units?
In units, all dependencies are automatically(!) resolved by the
software. Why is this impossible for packages? I was not even aware that
I used a package. I just used a unit (grids).