[Lazarus] lazbuild build IDE profiles

Bernd prof7bit at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 31 22:51:01 CEST 2012

2012/3/15 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:

> To compile the IDE with its standard profile use
> lazbuild --build-ide=

There is a bug somewhere, it will respect all my compile options but
ignore the widgetset and always build with GTK2.

On this PC I have always used GTK2 and only recently started
experimenting with Qt, when I switch my default lazarus build mode in
the IDE to the one using Qt, save and exit the IDE and then lazbuild
--build-ide= (or make clean useride) without any further options will
use all my compile options but ignore my choice of widgetset. If I
build from within the IDE it works.

Bernd

Btw (semi-related): I have seen the makefile has half a dozen
different clean targets, bigideclean, clean, distclean, and many more
and even more aliases to some of them. Which is the one that makes
really clean (all packages (not only some) and all binaries)? Why are
there so many different clean? wouldn't just one clean that makes
clean in *all* subdirectories be enough?