[Lazarus] MS SQL Connector Icon and ms icon, logo, images, ( you name it ) license.

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis d.ioannidis at artesoft.gr
Wed May 9 22:46:19 CEST 2012

Hi all,

   today i checked out, after a long time, lazarus trunk ( i usually
work with fixes 2 6 ) and after i choose the sqldb tab, i noticed the ms
sql icon. Because i didn't like it much and had some free time, i opened
Gimp and tried to do something different.

After LacaK2's comment in the 0021578 bug which states
> For graphic for MS SQL, look at
> http://www.microsoft.com/web/media/icons/sql-icon.png [^
> <http://www.microsoft.com/web/media/icons/sql-icon.png>]
> I do not know if we can use graphic motif or there are any licence
> restrictions

i googled a little and found this
http://www.microsoft.com/About/Legal/EN/US/IntellectualProperty/Permissions/Default.aspx#ENE
and quoting :

> Microsoft product icons are the thumbnail-sized images indicating that
> a Microsoft product has been installed on your operating system.
> *Icons may not be used* in advertising, in books and other printed
> matter, on clothing or other promotional items, in online and Internet
> locations,*in software applications*, in television programs, in
> commercials, in movies, or on videotape.

Just for your information.

regards,

PS: The image tmysql55connection.png doesn't exist in the design dir.

--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis