[Lazarus] Frames and menus

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon May 21 13:11:50 CEST 2012

Running 1.1 r37373 GTK2 2.6.0. What I'm trying to do is put a main menu
in a frame, which then only displays over part of the width of the
containing form so that I can use the remainder for comboboxes.

What I'm finding is that when I tell the IDE to drop a frame onto the
form, it displays a "Select Frame" dialog with no content. But if I
first put a panel on the form "Select Frame" shows me the name of the
frame I've prepared. Except when the reverse happens, i.e. I can't drop
onto a panel but can drop onto the underlying form... it might depend on
whether the sum of the number of components on the main form + that on
the frame is odd or even.

In cases where I can get the drop to work, I don't see the main menu
(can this be made to work?) but a popup on the frame works.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk