[Lazarus] Form in DLL

Bernd prof7bit at googlemail.com
Tue May 1 15:56:32 CEST 2012

2012/5/1 Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com>:

> This sounds a bit weird. Or is the DLL *assumed* to synchronize all these
> calls with the GUI thread (be application or DLL main thread)?

No, I didn't expect the LCL to do this, this was just the last straw
that made me stop these experiments, when I discovered that due to the
chaotic way this specific host application worked I had to jump
through even more complicated hoops.

The main reason really was the main thread and my message loop, I just
didn't trust my undocumented LCL (mis)usage. It just felt wrong, maybe
also because I did not completely understand all aspects of the
problem.

If there were an official documented way to to this and it would be
robust and just worked under all cicumstances then it would have been
ok.