[Lazarus] Embarcadero vs Lazarus/FPC (Oracle vs Google)

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue May 8 15:15:33 CEST 2012

On Tue, 8 May 2012, Andrew Brunner wrote:

> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 7:31 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
> <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On 8 May 2012 14:07, Andrew Brunner <andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Oracle is telling google that that it is UNACCEPTABLE for google to take
>>> creative ownership over Java.  This problem goes far beyond copying of
>> some
>>> API.  Google as made and Oracle product - and Oracle is not happy.
>>
>> This does not apply here.  Orcale and google are widely adopted and highly
> funded.  I repeat Delphi has changed ownership 3 times SINCE FPC and
> or Lazarus and came to be.  Google recently stole Java from Oracle.  Their
> claim is with much merit.  google has been stealing IP left and right.
> They have to be stopped.

Stealing IP ? That depends on your point of view.

My view is that IP itself is theft. The concept of IP is fundamentally flawed.

Knowledge should be free for all, and not 'owned' by someone for mere monetary gain.

IP is much like the church and its universal truths in the middle ages.
I thought we got rid of those shackles, now we get other ones.
Instead of church, we have large corporations.

If someone found a cure for all kinds of cancer, and kept it for himself
using the IP umbrella, I'd label him a criminal against humankind and send
him to trial in The Hague.

Michael.