[Lazarus] Embarcadero vs Lazarus/FPC (Oracle vs Google)

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Tue May 8 16:01:31 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> Google purchased the initial developer of the software, Android Inc.,
> in 2005. Then Google later unveiled the Android distribution in 2007.
> Both events pre-date the Oracle purchase of Sun.
>

> The only thing left I can say is wait until judgement, then draw potential
parallels.  Java runs on all platforms.  Lazarus/FPC runs on all platforms.
 Delphi does / did not.  They can't retro-actively go back and re-invent
what we all know was Delphi and go after the Lazarus project.  Lazarus will
have major differences of that I'm sure.  Bare windows API calls after that
-  are point of fact - Fair Use and not protected by US Copyright law.