[Lazarus] RE : RE : TRichMemo and current Lazarus

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri May 18 14:58:39 CEST 2012

Ludo Brands wrote:
>> I've added RichMemoFactory in the  uses  statements that have
>> RichMemo,
>> but I'm now getting things like
>>
>> config.pas(1,1) Fatal: Unit RichMemoFactory searched but
>> RichMemo found
>>
>> Because I'm not adding the RichMemo using the IDE, it doesn't
>> appear in
>> the main project source file. I've not tried adding the directory
>> containing the RichEdit to any of my paths, since Googling earlier
>> suggested this was a Really Bad Idea.
>>
>> Can anybody tell me what obvious point I'm missing? :-)
>
> You have to add the paths to richmemo and richmemo/gtk2 to the unit file
> search path (-Fu) or the path to richmemo/lib/xyz-linux/ to the libraries
> search path (-Fl). The latter only works if the richmemo was compiled before
> (installed the package in the IDE .fe).

Thanks Ludo: compiles and links OK, so now all I've got to do is get it
working :-)

Thanks in particular for explaining both -Fu and -Fl, which is
particularly relevant bearing in mind the way I'm trying to build the app.

> Don't know why this would be a Really Bad Idea. The unit path could lead to
> lazarus rebuilding when you do a full build of your project which won't
> happen when using the library path.

I could be misinterpreting things, I suspect the comment was
specifically about adding an extra path to the LCL.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk