[Lazarus] lazbuild output

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon May 21 11:05:17 CEST 2012

On Thu, 17 May 2012 14:02:55 +0100
Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17/05/12 08:56, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > On Wed, 16 May 2012 16:44:55 +0100
> > Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Is there a way to silence the debug output of lazbuild?  It spits out
> >> text like this:
> >>
> >> TCompiler.Compile WorkingDir="/home/hcv/source/...
> >> [TCompiler.Compile] CmdLine="/usr/local/lib/fpc/2.7.1/ppc386  -MO...
> >
> > No.
> >

> >> Also, is it possible to do a "clean" with lazbuild?
> >
> > If you mean a clean without build: no
>
> Thanks.  Is lazbuild the recommended way for lazarus users to build
> their applications (as part of a build system, for instance)?

yes

> Would adding these features to lazbuild be hard?

Adding a verbosity flag should be easy.
A "clean" might be more complicated, because there are various levels
of clean.

> I've rolled a custom Makefile to build my lazarus application, but it's
> tedious to keep it in sync with the project, hence why I wanted to use
> lazbuild.  The output of my Makefile looks nice, though, and I'd like to
> be able to control the output from lazbuild.
>
> Henry
>
> P.s.: I see that the --create-makefile option of lazbuild doesn't work
> for projects, only packages.  Is this intentional?

Creating makefiles for projects can be arbitrary complicated.
If someone writes such a generator I'm pretty sure there will soon be
bug reports, because it is a can of worms.

Mattias