[Lazarus] Frames and menus

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon May 21 14:12:39 CEST 2012

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Mon, 21 May 2012 11:11:50 +0000
> Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> What I'm finding is that when I tell the IDE to drop a frame onto the
>> form, it displays a "Select Frame" dialog with no content.
>
> How did you create the frame?

File -> New... -> Module-Frame

> Please try:
> open the frame and close it.
> Then focus the form and click "Select frame".
>
> Do you see the frame in the list?

Yes, and I think I continue seeing it if the frame is subsequently reopened.

>> But if I
>> first put a panel on the form "Select Frame" shows me the name of the
>> frame I've prepared.
>
> Are you sure? The list of shown frames depends on the active form, not
> on the content.

I'm sure. However the issue appears to be that the frame has to have
been closed (rather than just saved) before it's reliably usable. If
it's not been closed then there's some sort of context/content-sensitive
problem.

Any thoughts about the menu aspect- am I trying to do something impossible?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk