[Lazarus] usability: please not focus the messages window, only bring to front

Bernd prof7bit at googlemail.com
Tue May 22 03:16:42 CEST 2012

2012/5/21 Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de>:

> Except, this patch will alter behaviour  that currently works.  If the msg
> window is buried behind lots of other IDE window, it will currently end up
> 2nd (on windows) with only the source editor on top.
> That is useful. And worxs (on w32)

Ok, i have another patch (undo the other one and apply this one
instead). It puts an Application.ProcessMessages between the two
window manipulations. Now it does not change behavior and this also
fixes all my bugs.

> So the real bug is in gtk2 widgetset code. Which in your case for some
> reason does not handle multiply window changes....

It seems it has to do with the window manager. I just tried with
OpenBox and there it works without the patch while with xfwm4 which is
the default window manager for XFCE it seems it does not like the way
the windows are switched here.

(Unfortunately I cannot use any other window manager because xfwm4 is
the only window manager that does 2d hardware compositing which makes
any other wm feel slow and unresponsive compared to xfwm4 on my old
hardware)