[Lazarus] usability: please not focus the messages window, only bring to front

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue May 22 13:44:48 CEST 2012

On 22/05/2012 06:50, zeljko wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 of May 2012 03:16:42 Bernd wrote:
>
> > 2012/5/21 Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de>:
>
> > > Except, this patch will alter behaviour  that currently works.  If the
>
> > > msg window is buried behind lots of other IDE window, it will
> currently
>
> > > end up 2nd (on windows) with only the source editor on top.
>
> > > That is useful. And worxs (on w32)
>

> > Ok, i have another patch (undo the other one and apply this one
>
> > instead). It puts an Application.ProcessMessages between the two
>
> > window manipulations. Now it does not change behavior and this also
>
> > fixes all my bugs.

> Then it will be better to find out what's needed to be changed inside
> widgetset.There's already routine which checks wm name, so eg.
>
> if GetWM = 'xfwm' then do
>
> somethingElse();
>
> Also best would be to create example (if possible) which reproduces
> problem - then it won't be hard to fix I guess.

+1

The problem with a global ProcessMessages is, that it processes all
messages. Under heav load, that can include the next key-stroke, and the
method can be re-entered.

as far as I can see that, somewhere the GTK-interface is sending the
"activate win" connamd to gtk2. At this point, it might need to handle
certain (but not all) messages.