[Lazarus] usability: please not focus the messages window, only bring to front

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Tue May 22 16:22:47 CEST 2012

On Tuesday 22 of May 2012 15:24:21 Bernd wrote:
> with Qt it is even worse. A single ProcessMessages is not enough, I
> have to *wait* until the other window actually has received focus
> before I am allowed to proceed to issue the next focus change.

Lucky you, your example raises problem on my machine which is not so slow
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760  @ 2.80GHz + 8 GB ram (qtlcl).
Running xfwm in another screen (startx -- :1) - focus stays at form1 all the
time :), under kwin and metacity it works perfect. Seem that xfwm makes some
lag when switching focus, so I have to dig into xfwm sources and see what's up
and then fix qt and gtk2.