[Lazarus] Lazarus and FPC 2.6.2rc1: problem parsing complex SQL

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 11:42:52 CET 2012

If anybody has trunk compiled with both 2.6.0 and 2.6.2 please could
they consider
http://lists.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-pascal/2012-November/035550.html

-----8<-----
I don't like raising my head above the parapet on this one, but running
on Linux x86 (32-bit):

If Lazarus trunk is built with 2.6.0 the bug described at
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=22463 does not occur.

If Lazarus trunk is built with 2.6.2 rc1 the bug is reproducible.

The SQL in the attachment can be simplified to the six lines given in
one of the notes. LacaK2 appears to have demonstrated that the error
does not occur if the SQL is forced in as part of the program rather
than from the Lazarus IDE, but this bug still appears to be something to
do with the compiler version.

The error can be seen simply by reading the project into the Lazarus
IDE, it's not necessary to compile/run. I've not managed to get anywhere
tracking this down myself.

So it appears to be something to do with the IDE's ability to read SQL
text from a component (which makes it not an FPC problem). But it only
fails with recent versions of the compiler (which makes it not a Lazarus
problem).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk