[Lazarus] Stringgrid ?

bsquared bwcode4u at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 20:31:15 CET 2012

On 11/17/2012 10:37 AM, Terry A. Haimann wrote:
> You know that's not a lot of help.  I don't know what the program name
> is and I don't know where the source is.  If you know how to  do this,
> why can't you provide a snippet of code with maybe a few comments?  If
> you want Lazarus to be a popular RAD then don't obfuscate, make thing
> ease for the user instead.
>
> Terry
>

> On 11/17/2012 11:02 AM, Bart wrote:
>> In the IDE there is a form for inserting characters
>> (Menu->Edit->Insert from Character map).
>> Take a look at the code of that form to see how it is done.
>>
>> Bart
>>
>> --
>>

> --

I remember back when I used Delphi daily at work.  I would ask my mentor
how to do this or that, and without fail he would reply "Did you look in
the VCL".  By looking in the VCL I discovered many things on my path to
whatever this or that was.  So, by suggesting the working example the
poster is helping you by teaching you to fish.

Here's what I did to follow the suggestion.

In a console window I changed directory to where lazarus exists.
I then searched for filenames containing ide.
I changed to the directory that had the most.
I then grepped the source files for map and piped that to another grep
for character.  The reult was one pas file and one lfm file.  Since the
code would not be in the form file I looked in the source file.

charactermapdlg.pas

It took me longer to write this than to find it.

Brian