[Lazarus] SQL select problem

Eric Kom erickom at metropolitancollege.co.za
Tue Nov 20 15:15:57 CET 2012

On 20/11/2012 15:41, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> On 20-11-2012 13:47, Eric Kom wrote:
>> the last usernameLogin field in the table as erickom and the first 2 ajm
>> and ajm1.
>>
>> on the authentication form, when I entered erickom and its password,
>> everything goes well, when I entered an unknown username everything goes
>> well as well like 'Failed to connect using: ' + getUsername; but when I
>> entered the 2 first usernames that are in the table (ajm & ajm1) its not
>> responding as expected, the if condition jump after display the message
>> Retrieving information for: ' + retUsername to  Failed to connect using:
>> ' + getUsername. Abnormal behave.
>>
>> Please view below my code and Thank in advance:
>>
>> if MySQL55.Connected=True then begin;
>>
>>          //SQLQueryMySQL.SQL.Text := 'SELECT usernameLogin,
>> passwordLogin, fullNameLogin FROM scholarly.login WHERE usernameLogin =
>> '':getUsername'' AND passwordLogin = '':getPasswordHash''';
> Apart from Luk's remarks,
>
> I wouldn't use quotes around those parameters in the WHERE clause. The
> parameters are meant to work around the quote problems.
> I'd focus on getting the code above fixed as it's much more elegant: it
> let's the DB engine focus on the query...
I was trying to affect the variable value to a field. I did confuse them
with the single quote whether they are 1, 2 or 3
> Groete,
> Reinier
>
> --

Kind Regards

Eric Kom

System Administrator - Metropolitan College
/ You are scrupulously honest, frank, and \
| straightforward. Therefore you have few |
\ friends.                                /
    \
     \
         .--.
        |o_o |
        |:_/ |
       //   \ \
      (| Kom | )

2 Hennie Van Till, White River, 1240
Tel: 013 750 2255 | Fax: 013 750 0105 | Cell: 078 879 1334
erickom at kom.za.net | erickom at metropolitancollege.co.za
www.kom.za.net | www.kom.za.org | www.erickom.co.za

Key fingerprint: 513E E91A C243 3020 8735 09BB 2DBC 5AD7 A9DA 1EF5