[Lazarus] Social login (facebook, g+, etc)

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Fri Nov 23 00:31:57 CET 2012

On 11/22/2012 06:18, Krzysztof wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty sure that everything can be done with synapse,

on what OS? tomas hajny has been helping me trying to get synapse to work on
OS/2 with openssl libraries for accessing https sites but we only get "error
500" in response with the demo program as well as with my slightly more
extensive code... this "error 500" has to be traced down more to find out where
it comes from and why because one also gets it when using an invalid domain...
invalid domains should not result in a http 500 code, TTBOMK... the DNS lookup
code should divert and report NXDOMAIN or similar, IMHO...

> but maybe someone know wrapper for facebook / google API?

i don't know of anything but...

> I want to create something like "Login with facebook" in my desktop
> application (and "like it"). It would save me many hours analyzing API

seems that one would only need to provide the hidden and public vars submitted
when POSTing a login to the login URL... the hidden ones are what bit me at one
point but then i got all that working on w2k and OS/2 with http... https works
only on w2k and not on OS/2 for some reason we have not yet figured out... it
may be the dlls as i've only tried the EMX compiled openssl ones but i don't
know what tomas has tested with... he may have also tried the watcom openssl
dlls and gotten the same failure...

the hope is that this work will then go back to synapse for inclusion so that
OS/2 can also be added to the list of (currently only two) supported OS'...

FWIW: yes, the above is all more specific to FPC and nothing to lazarus since
i'm barely using lazarus as a "simple" code editor and it is not, TTBOMK,
supported on OS/2... at least, i've not tried it in a while with any success...
maybe after this next release of both FPC and Lazarus? ;)