[Lazarus] Please define "delphi compatibility"

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Oct 4 09:32:00 CEST 2012

On 10/04/2012 03:06 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> For best portability, in both directions, I'd suggest an *true*
> Windows/VCL widgetset, which may not be (fully) available on other
> platforms.

Not a good idea, IMHO.

I don't see a great point in using Lazarus for Windows-only projects, at
least for those that already did projects with Delphi. At least for
former Delphi users, portability is the main reason for using Lazarus so
this should be the primary goal, even when thinking about Delphi
compatibility.

-Michael