[Lazarus] fpc version 2.6.1 source code

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Oct 7 13:35:53 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 04, 2012 at 03:10:23PM +0200, Bernd wrote:

> The debs in the official Debian repository are built by someone else
> (someone from Debian) using a different method and I believe thats
> also the reason why the Debian debs are needlessly split into a myriad
> of separate packages while the ones resulting from the Lazarus build
> scripts are just fpc, fpc-source and lazarus.

Afaik that is a result of the policy of many package systems to add all
possible dependencies to a package. Debian is just stricter enforcing that.
(which is strange, since of all systems, Debian has a "suggests" system)

FPC, with all its header packages would thus have a tremendous amount of
dependencies.

FreeBSD has the same problem. I never liked that either :-)