[Lazarus] make clean is leaving more than 20MB stuff behind (this number is after compression!)

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 12:16:27 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-08 10:51, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> ppas.sh are deleted by fpc.

I often have ppas.sh files in my source folders. So somewhere clean-up
is not working 100%

> .a are not created.

I often have these files lying around in my unit output directories too.

I just checked, and just about every project I work on has *.a, *.o,
*.ppu, *.compiled, *.lps, *.rst, the executables for various target
platforms, unit/*/ unit output directories, and sometimes *.bak files.
All files and directories that are not part of the repository managed
files. Then sometimes when I do deep debugging I have ASM output files too.

My point is, a simple 'find ...' command will not clean out all
non-repository files. You need something a bit more intelligent like
'git clean'.

Regards,
  - Graeme -