[Lazarus] Build-Depands: imagemagick

Bernd prof7bit at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 12:23:28 CEST 2012

2012/10/8 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:

> In debian/rules the 48x48 icon is downsized to 32x32.
> The sf debian packages simply install the 128x128 icon, which is
> needed by nowadays desktops.
>
> So, maybe the debian/rules file should be adapted.

I believe much of the stuff in debian/rules should go into the
Makefile itself and be maintained there.  Its not really easy to see
which parts of this rues file exist only to satisfy debian policy and
which part exist simply as a complete *replacement* of the original
make install and which parts are outdated or not needed anymore. make
install is used a lot of times by many people but debian/rules is used
only once or twice per year and as soon as it has successfully built
the package it is left alone again for another 6 months. This is why I
think it should be *small*, only a *thin* wrapper around often used,
well tested and maintained makefile targets, not a full blown
alternative makefile on its own.