[Lazarus] make clean is leaving more than 20MB stuff behind (this number is after compression!)

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 13:49:23 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-08 11:59, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> > .a are not created.
>>
>> I often have these files lying around in my unit output directories too.
>
> This thread is about Lazarus sources.

That's very possible in Lazarus sources too. There are projects in the
<laz>/tools/ directory (eg: lazdatadesktop) etc that often needs
debugging to. So adjusting the default compiler options in normal, and
could result in extra files in unit output directories. The same can be
said about the lcl.lpk package.

> .bak are created by the IDE as backups of sources. "make clean" should
> not delete source files, nor backups.
> .lps should not be be deleted by make clean.
> .ppu, .o, .rst and .compiled should be deleted by "make clean".
> .a are not created in Lazarus sources.

Well, if you are going to make an archive (.zip, .tar.gz etc) of the
lazarus checked-out repository, for some distribution or build server,
you definitely don't want those files or output directories in such
archives. I thought that is what Bernd was trying to do.

Graeme.