[Lazarus] make clean is leaving more than 20MB stuff behind (this number is after compression!)

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 8 14:03:26 CEST 2012

Am 08.10.2012 12:59, schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
>  > I just checked, and just about every project I work on has *.a, *.o,
>  > *.ppu, *.compiled, *.lps, *.rst, the executables for various target
>  > platforms, unit/*/ unit output directories, and sometimes *.bak files.
> .bak are created by the IDE as backups of sources. "make clean" should
> not delete source files, nor backups.
> .lps should not be be deleted by make clean.
> .ppu, .o, .rst and .compiled should be deleted by "make clean".
> .a are not created in Lazarus sources.

You are wrong regarding ".a" files. They are at least created for the
Windows widgetsets. Here the files that I have:

lazarus/lcl/units/i386-win32/win32/libimpwin32wsforms.a
lazarus/lcl/units/arm-wince/wince/libimpwincedef.a
lazarus/lcl/units/arm-wince/wince/libimpwinceextra.a

And what about *.res files?

Regards,
Sven