[Lazarus] Documentation for the packages shipped with Lazarus

Bernd prof7bit at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 11:00:51 CEST 2012

2012/10/10 Kenneth Cochran <kenneth.cochran at gmail.com>:

> My final question is: If I were to research each of these packages and
> determine their purpose how would I go about contributing more detailed
> descriptions?

You could send a patch for each package that updates its description
to the Lazarus bug tracker, there is a section "patches" in the bug
tracker, this way each of your contributions can't be accidentally
forgotten, has a number you can refer to and you can comfortably track
which of them is still open. The mailing list has a tendency to
"forget" things after a while if they are not super critical or
somebody is not already working on it.

The simplest way to generate the patch is to check out svn trunk, make
your changes locally and then use svn diff to generate the patch file
for the changed files. (make sure the patch file affects only the
files and contains only the changes you actually want to submit and
not other unrelated changes). After this you can still use svn up to
keep it synched with trunk even in the presence of local changes.