[Lazarus] Please define "delphi compatibility"

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:11:07 CEST 2012

On 10/10/12, Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

> As with most if not all open source projects, if we don't like it we can
> fork off. However my own position is that I trust the core developers,
> who are effectively defined by their understanding of how the code works.

But then again, it would be nice for committers to know if extending
an LCL component beyound it's Delphi's counterpart is considered to be
"officially" OK (as long as the extension is considered usefull and
meaningfull and not just fullfilling the needs of very few people (and
there may be more criteria)).

Getting back to the thread that stated this discussion:
I could spend time and energy on implementing an ImageList for
TDBNavigator (which Delphi doesn't have, and which maybe usefull for
more than just a few people). But i would then become very frustrated
if the patch was rejected because of "Delphi incompatibility".

Bart