[Lazarus] Please define "delphi compatibility"

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Wed Oct 10 19:42:53 CEST 2012

Am 10.10.2012 19:32, schrieb Jürgen Hestermann:

> Am 2012-10-10 19:11, schrieb Florian Klämpfl:
>>> So the question still holds: What changes would be accepted and which
>>> would be rejected?
>> Does it matter for you? What are you working on?
>>
> The answer is important not only for contributors.
> I am often doubting whether it is worth to stay with Pascal.

If you are in doubt, then switch. There are enough enviroments fitting
everybody's need so it is not necessary to stay with an enviroment which
does not fit perfectly one's needs.

> If it is an dead end I would not want to waste any more time on it.

How is this related to what patches lazarus accepts? There are e.g. Mse
and fpGUI only to name a two other options which follow very different
directions. If this does not fit you, you are indeed wrong in the pascal
world and you have to look somewhere else for other options.