[Lazarus] State of ReactOS

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 07:52:39 CEST 2012

On 10-10-2012 20:21, Massimo Soricetti wrote:
> Il 10/10/2012 14:45, Reinier Olislagers ha scritto:
>> Has anybody had any good experiences with FPC and/or Lazarus on recent
>> ReactOS releases?
>
> Me.
> Installed lazarus 32 bit and it worked: if your lazarus/pascal programs
> does not touch API or system structures, they will probably work.
That's nice to hear.

> But I just tried some sample app and didn't really test for stability...
> reactOS as a whole is still way too unstable to use for common duty, I'm
> 95% sure that any serious stability test would fail :o)

Agreed about stability. In earlier versions I could crash it by lifting
my eyebrow ;) To their defence: it's in development and it's not even beta.

Perhaps it's about time though to get Lazarus into their application
downloader program in the development section if possible... that might
help increase interest for Lazarus ;)

When they release a new version I'll have a look again...