[Lazarus] Please define "delphi compatibility"

Avishai avishai.gore at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 17:10:53 CEST 2012

I agree with Juha on this.  Chaining Lazarus to 2 way comparability
with any version of Delphi is placing an artificial limitation on
Lazarus that should not be there.  Even Delphi is suffering from
backward compatibility issues.  That Delphi should be a starting point
for Lazarus is obvious, but to say that Lazarus can never be more than
Delphi is a horrible idea.  The last version of Delphi that I used
(D6) made Globalization virtually impossible.  Lazarus is a global
community and needs to address this even if it means making
compatibility a one-way process.