[Lazarus] Documentation for the packages shipped with Lazarus

stdreamer stdreamer at freemail.gr
Sat Oct 13 01:47:53 CEST 2012

On 12/10/2012 10:56 μμ, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 21:30:47 +0300
> stdreamer <stdreamer at freemail.gr> wrote:
>
>> On 12/10/2012 7:08 μμ, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

>>> If you don't understand one of my points, just ask.
>>> Do not post my whole answer and then ignore it.
>> That's a double edged sword for the time being I'll ignore it and move
>> on to more productive thoughts.

>>> Incomplete. see above.
>>>
>> What is incomplete?
> There are four types, you gave three.
>
>> Which other states you have in mind Installable for instance? In that case let me ask you once more. What is the difference
>> between a run time package and a run time only package?
> See above.
>

>> How can a design
>> time package, use a run time only package and  be installed in the IDE?
> It can not.
>
>> What is the reason of existence of this option?
> There are some packages that should never be installed, not even
> indirectly.
Yes, you where clear the first time you said that I still do not believe
that such a condition is necessary, from lack of experience perhaps.

>> As for the Boolean part,
>> What would you answer if I asked you "is that a design time package ?"
> Do you mean
> a) can this package be used at design time?
> b) can this package only be used at design time?
> c) should this package use type "design time"?
> d) has the developer decided to use the type "design time"?

You are being evasive that tells me 2 things. One you do not really care
about this conversation, which raises the question why you bothered
answering in the first place, and two you see me like some kind of pest
which dropped in from no where and spoiled your serenity, which raises
the question why should I keep on wasting my time on this.
Well, my opinion  is in the open if you do fill like explaining I'll
probably read it with interest.
In any case have fun.

Jo.