[Lazarus] How to include nxPascal: newby question

Chavoux Luyt chavoux at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 00:28:14 CEST 2012

Thanks Mattias

On 14 October 2012 23:04, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 22:44:29 +0200
> Chavoux Luyt <chavoux at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys
> >
> > How do I add the nxPascal directory (or other units (.pas files)) to the
> > Lazarus source directory?

<snip>

> Do you mean to all your projects or really to all projects?

Sorry, I mean available to all my projects.

> Recommended way:
> Create a package, add your shared sources and then add the package to
> any project that needs the units.

Ahh. I downloaded the nxPascal source files (all .pas units) and I don't
think they are currently in a package. The demos that come with it has the
.pas files in its uses clause... If I put them all in a package, how do I
include the package in the demos (if it is not a visual component)?

> Another way, but can create conflicts:
> Add the -Fu parameter to your /etc/fpc.cfg.

Should the Options menu item not read the options from and write them back
to the /etc/fpc.cfg file?

Cheers
Chavoux