[Lazarus] Can you reproduce the following Access Violation ?

stdreamer stdreamer at freemail.gr
Wed Oct 17 22:42:14 CEST 2012

On 17/10/2012 7:28 μμ, ik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I write something like so:

> type
>    TForm1 = class(TForm);
>
>    TSomeClass = class
>    end;
>
>    TForm1 = class(TForm)
>    end;

> If I try to rename a component in design time (Other then the form
> itself), it will throw at me Access Violation.
>
> I'm using: Lazarus 1.1 r39114M FPC 2.6.0 x86_64-linux-gtk 2
>
> Can you reproduce the following issue (So I could report a bug), or am
> I missing something here ?
>
> Thanks,
> Ido

I am guessing that the 1st TForm1 declaration mend to be a forward
declaration.
In that case you have defined it wrong.
Tform1 = class(Tform);
is equal to
TForm1 = class(TForm)
end;
and not a forward declaration. In your case you have 2 components
defined with the same name in the same unit and probably creates conflicts.
try to change the first declaration to
TForm1 = class;
and see what happens.