[Lazarus] Cross-compiling -> MIPS

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Oct 22 10:47:31 CEST 2012

Michael Schnell wrote:
> Hi,
> I suggest first seeking for help to do a command line "Hello World" for
> your MIPS system in the fpc developer's mailing (
> fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org ) list and when this works, try to do a
> Lazarus application, as same involves  compiling the LCL for MIPS which
> I suppose is a decent challenge.

I've not attempted compiling Lazarus for MIPS yet because of the FPC
version issue and because at present I'm only running MIPS as a Qemu
guest and performance is poor (in fact, I suspect is worse than when I
first installed it). It runs well on SPARC which is one of the more
demanding platforms in terms of alignment requirements etc.

Much of the performance issue could be sidestepped by doing a
cross-build, but that's something that I've always managed to avoid.
Note that for non-x86 targets there are a couple of IDE issues relating
to the target processor type, opcode formats and so on (just leave these
set to the default).

http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=20310
http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=20311

--