[Lazarus] TStrings, Windows and Unicode

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Wed Oct 24 16:24:47 CEST 2012

Al 24/10/2012 16:14, En/na Howard Page-Clark ha escrit:

>> I had not explained very well. When I said the file is Ok I mean the
>> file on Windows Explorer, not in LCL.
>> Do the test and you see.
>
> I guess the stringlist streaming saves the string with a BOM, and so
> Explorer then recognises the encoding?

There's no BOM, but notepad is capable of showing it correctly. The
problem is, if you then save the file from notepad it will add a BOM,
that will mess up the loading of the file in a stringlist (or, in my
case, in a TIniFile).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti