[Lazarus] lnet sockets

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Thu Oct 25 11:07:27 CEST 2012

Le 24/10/2012 17:43, Bernd a écrit :
> 2012/10/24 Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de>:
>
>>> WaitForSingleObject ?
>>> Is this an LCL application?
>>

>> This is Windows stuff.
>
> I assumed he is making an LCL appplication because LCL exits for
> win-CE too. Also there are platform independent locks and events in
> the RTL. (RTLEventWaitFor() and friends)
>
> It is not clear to me what exactly "the application needs to wait"
> should exactly mean in this context.
Nothing else that waiting for information from the net server which will
decide what to do on the user's request which fired the visual component
event.
  For example it could just as well
> pop up a modal dialog (with a cancel button)
Response times from the server (depending on data amount and DB access)
go between 0.5 and 2 secs. A classic wait modal window will be annoying.
On a user point of view, click a button and see result within 2 or 3
seconds. With WinCE hand held devices (240 x 320) windows managing looks
like the horror room.
and the timer event (or