[Lazarus] lnet sockets

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Oct 25 13:22:19 CEST 2012

On 10/25/2012 01:07 PM, Bernd wrote:
> This will never block and never freeze and never eat any unneeded CPU
> cycles and it is les code than messing around with the eventers and
> CallAction directly and also less code than low level programming
> against sockets and/or winsock2 directly.

Sounds good !
Of course the "ObjectPascalish" way to do things is handle everything in
events.
If lnet really internally provides means to fire main-thread-events
(such as "OnReceive"), that work fine concurrently with GUI events (I
did not know that lnet can do this), of course just using what lnet
provides is the way to go,

Now the next question is whether lnet integrates with the CE-flavor of
the LCL as well as it seemingly does with the Windows and KDE-flavor.
(The LCL "eventer" (aka Queue) implementation is different with any
"flavor" (aka "Widget Type") ).

-Michael