[Lazarus] Deep exe strip :)

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Oct 26 16:21:06 CEST 2012

On 26/10/2012 15:05, Kostas Michalopoulos wrote:
> So all the steps that Krzysztof mentioned in his initial message can
> be done in a buildmode?
Yes, or yes they should.

That is, if they can all be set in the options dialog. If any of them
can not be set there, then that is a different problem. (I believe they
can, but I have not tested)
That would still NOT mean the need for one checkbox named "create
smallest executable".
It would mean, that this particular setting would need to be added to
the project-compiler-settings.

So if we have all the individual settings avail there, then it can be
done with a build mode.

I have not tested if they are there (note that a lot can be done by
adding custom compiler options ("other" tab) too.

And there are build macros, which can also be used.  I have in the past
used them, to use the same package across several projects, but build
with different settings. This definitely works. (And recompiles used
packages, if needed)