[Lazarus] Remote application

Bernd prof7bit at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 16:28:54 CET 2012

2012/10/30 Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de>:
> On 10/30/2012 12:48 PM, Bernd wrote:
>>
>> * It is possible to attach to a local running desktop (only to the entire
>> Desktop as far as I know) but then the performance degrades heavily
>
> I don't see why this should be that way, but I would need to do further
> investigations to find out if/how this can be avoided when time should come
> to it.

Its probably because of the way NX hooks into the X11 protocol. When
started inside an NX session the applications will *not* connect to
the real xorg xserver but to the virtual NX display server instead
which then does all kind of caching and compression of the X11
protocol when forwarding it to the real display on the client side.
Its probably not posible to do the same when the applications are
already connected to an existing xserver, then it can not intercept
and redirect the X11 communication directly it can only do what vnc
would do: move the final resulting bitmaps over the network that drop
out of the other end of the xorg xserver.