[Lazarus] building lazarus 1.0 with make OPT="-n" and fpc.cfg in different location

Seth Grover sethdgrover at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:02:57 CEST 2012

Greetings. First off, congratulations on the 1.0 release. Lazarus is a
terrific IDE and a great development platform.

I've got a script that I use to build FPC/Lazarus from source and roll
it into my own custom package. During the build of Lazarus,
/etc/fpc.cfg doesn't exist yet. This isn't a problem for the most
part, because I used samplecfg to generate an fpc.cfg file in a
temporary location. Then, when building Lazarus, I do it like this:

make bigide PP=/path/to/wherever/ppcx64 OPT="-n @/path/to/tmp/fpc.cfg"

The -n tells it to not use the regular cfg paths, and what follows
tells it where to find the cfg file to use.

This works fine for most of the build: lazarus builds and links, as
does startlazarus and some of the other binaries. However, when it
gets to building the "lhelp" binary under chmhelp, I can see my OPTs
aren't being passed down, and it fails with an error that /etc/fpc.cfg
doesn't exist.

I've worked around it by symlinking /etc/fpc.cfg to my temporary file,
but it would be better if it worked correctly.

Thanks,

-SG

--
This email is fiction. Any resemblance to actual events
or persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Seth Grover