[Lazarus] Bug 0022814: fpc executable's path should be relative if fpc is present in the env path

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 13:58:11 CEST 2012

To launch the IDE, I use a script that lets me select the FPC version
and then:
-----------------------------
export PATH=/home/me/Programs/fpc/$FPC_VER/lib/fpc/$FPC_VER:$PATH
export PATH=/home/me/Programs/fpc/$FPC_VER/bin:$PATH
export PATH=/home/me/Programs/fpc/crossbinutils/bin:$PATH
cd /tmp
/home/supra/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/startlazarus
--pcp="/home/me/Programs/lazarus/config-lazarus-svn" ${CMD_LINE_PARAMS}
-----------------------------

$FPC_VER is 2.6.1 or 2.7.1 for example.

CMD_LINE_PARAMS is for debug purposes
("--debug-enable=DBG_CMD_ECHO,DBG_STATE,DBG_DATA_MONITORS,DBGMI_QUEUE_DEBUG,DBGMI_TYPE_INFO
--debug-log=/tmp/laz.log")

An FPCVER dropdown list in the IDE options could be a solution (Changing
it must trigger the rescan FPC source directory in case it is affected
by the version change). However, will fpc be able to locate ppc386 (the
actual compiler)?

Are there fpc executables other than fpc and the actual compiler needed
by the IDE?

Stephano