[Lazarus] Drawing on MAC using GetDC

Torsten Bonde Christiansen tc at epidata.info
Fri Sep 7 11:00:07 CEST 2012

Hi List

I am currently trying to improve on the ported version of
jvRuntimeDesigner component (available at SF here
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/jvruntimedesign/>),
but I am having a hard time getting it working correctly on a MAC with
the Carbon widgetset.

More specifically the component uses a GetDC(..) (GetDesignerDC(..) on
linux/windows) to retrieve a device
context to draw to, using regular canvas. But where on GTK2 (linux) and
Windows the drawing goes well and
is fully visible, nothing happens on MAC.

My research have lead me so far, that I think the problem is that
component has not system DC, but instead
is assigned an empty DC.

I have practically no experience in programming directly to MAC and I
have no clue what to look for, so any
help would be appriciated.

Kind regards,
Torsten Bonde Christiansen.