[Lazarus] Object Inspector

Howard Page-Clark hdpc at talktalk.net
Wed Sep 19 12:31:29 CEST 2012

There is currently a spelling discrepancy which probably needs to be
rectified in that the OI Favorites page is spelt in the US way, as is
the popup context menu text that refers to it. Whereas the dialog
caption and interior label of the "Add to favourite properties" dialog
(and associated source code) all use the British spelling of favourite.

I also wonder if the default setting whereby the OI statusbar is always
shown is the best option. I have never found the OI statusbar gives
essential information, but perhaps I have simply not paid attention to
it at the right moment, or perhaps there are plans to expand its
usefulness. It would be more helpful to beginners, I think, if the OI
InfoBox were shown by default in preference to the statusbar. Although a
statusbar provides a useful sizing grip, the OI can also be resized
without it, and turning it off allows one more property to be displayed
in the grid without the need to scroll.

Howard