[Lazarus] Transparent Custom Drawn Controls

Krzysztof dibo20 at wp.pl
Thu Sep 20 14:57:23 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm writting own drawer for custom drawn controls. But all controls
inherit from (TCDControl -> TCustomControl), so background by default
is without transparent (I get uniform gray color).
I think that non-container controls (like TCDStaticText, TCDButton
etc) should inherit from TGraphicControl which has support for
transparent background. Custom Drawn Controls have potencial and I
really like this idea, but lack of transparency disqualify this
package for creating modern and fancy interfaces. For example I even
can't drop TCDStaticText on panel which have gradient or some graphic
:/

Regards